SAT Vocabulary Quiz 6
The following sentences and its options are part of the ongoing posts mentioned in the Vocabulary 1-6 series.
To attempt the SAT Vocabulary List from the previous posts hop on to …
In this Vocabulary Quiz you need to select the right meaning of the italicized word given in the sentence.
The key is provided at the end of the post.
1) One of the axioms of sound business practice is plowing back the profits.
2) His tone was so belligerent it frightened her.
3) Her beneficent contributions to the settlement house did much to help others.
4) His benign manner made them feel that they could confide in him.
5) Some people thought tribal people dressed in a bizarre fashion.
6) His blatant disregard of common courtesy was extremely embarrassing to other guests.
7) His language was bombastic, and his speech was absurd.
8) The monotonous cadence of the speaker’s voice was putting him to sleep.
9) His candid appraisal of the alternatives made the issues much clearer to them.
10) The enemy capitulated when it became obvious that reinforcements could not reach them.
Not had enough ?? Vroom! on to our other mind animating SAT Vocabulary Worksheets here.
1 a) 2 b) 3 d) 4 a) 5 a) 6 b) 7 c) 8 a) 9 d) 10 d)