Word press is most popular blogging platform in the markets today. There are tons of features which can be added using word press plugins , most of them are free.
If you are interested in building a plugin , here is small tutorial link to help you get started.
To a newcomer, it is not always clear if he should use wordpress , one of the most popular blogging platforms , or use Drupal content management.
Here is quick comparison between two and which one suits you best.
This is one the most popular blogging platform and you should use if you satisfy the following conditions:
1. You want to “just blog”, and don’t want to mess around with programming code, website design and the like.
2. You are satisfied either with the default theme (appearance) provided by WordPress, or can find a WordPress theme from a third party that suits your requirements.
3. You are a solitary blogger – you don’t need support for separate blogs on one website, where there are different people posting to different blogs.
4. There are literally thousands of free plugins and themes for wordpress. The community surrounding WordPress really does an outstanding job with this. Drupal doesn’t quite have as many plugins (called modules in Drupal) and themes to go around.
In fact you have a plugin for every functionality you might wish like integrating with flickr, job listings , traffic estimate. You just name it.
5. Out of the box installation. Nearly all hosting providers provide support for wordpress.
Personally, I feel that WordPress is probably a good choice for most casual bloggers. It particularly excels if you are a newcomer to web development, since the default setup is perfectly usable if you are not too fussy.
And best part , wordPress is free.
Designing your site to look and behave the way you want it to with Drupal, however, will probably be a daunting task for many people. Don’t undertake it unless: Read more…
It is getting bigger for wordpress community and wordpress fans. After Microsoft decided to shut down its microsoft live blogging platform and switch to wordpress , it is now adobe’s turn to do same.
ou can see the collection of blogs over on blogs.adobe.com:
Go WordPress Go!!
Drupal vs wordpress
WordPress is yet to release version 3.0 and there are some major enhancements coming up. Some important changes
Merge of WordPress MU + WordPress.org
Header Panel in WordPress 3.0
WordPress 3.0 Background Customization
One of the new features which I really like is the ability to customize header using header cpanel. For the reader of Skill-Guru , you might have noticed that although we are using iNove them , we had to change header and footer in lines with our site. These new features would definitely help us out in customization of your blog
More details here at sixrevisions.
Drupal is complete open source Content Management System (CMS) which can be used to run your website, set up forums, shopping carts etc In this post we will cover the following.
guides you step by step on downloading, installing and setting up the drupal content management system module in your local or remote php supported servers. Drupal will help you to manage the internet/intranet website contents.
Why should I use Drupal/ Advantages of Drupal
1) User authentication /registration individually (Add FB connect/OpenID)
2) User profiles (they can edit/update/view only their own profile and not the profile of any other users. Let’s call these users agents.
3) Client login
4) Clients can have campaigns. They can have one or more campaigns running at any given time. Campaigns have timeframe
5) When a campaign is available, the admin can send request to join to agents. Agents can choose to accept or decline campaigns.
6) Agents to be chosen for campaign based on target search criteria’s like demographics or any other criteria’s we choose. Number of agents/campaign to be fixed.
7) Agents take part in campaigns. As per of the campaigns they take part in offline activity and then they have to fill out online feedback reports, surveys, questionnaires etc and post campaign poll
8)The results of these campaigns are available to be viewed by the client. Different analytical reports required based on feedback/questionnaires/polls etc available to clients
9) All feedback has to be moderated through admin or campaign manager.
10) Point system for agents. They start with level 0 and each time they engage in feedback or any activity they are assigned points. If they don’t fill up something, points are deducted.
11) Clients can view profiles of agents who are part of their campaign individually and collectively in summarized reports. Read more…
If you are upgrading to wordpress 2.9, you might get this error Fatal error: wp-includes/vars.php .
Some people get this error when they do an automatic upgrade. I got this error when doing upgrade manually.
Reason : Some of the files were not copied correctly. You would keep your wp-config.php and contents folder. Rest all the files and folders need to be replaced.