Simple Remoting using JSON
In our JSOn series in which we are covering some excellent features of JSON like JSON with CSS and JSON Request. Today we will talk about JSON Remoting and its advantages
Simple Remoting using JSON
Simple Remoting is an open source Java library/framework which designed as an alternative SOA implementation. It uses JSON/HTTP(S) as its transport protocol to access back end java components. Simple Remoting can convert POJO,Spring,EJB and other type of java objects to web services without any code change on existing classes by using simple xml declarations.
Features of Simple Remoting
- It’s lightweight and requires no additional knowledge.
- Build-in support for POJO, EJB2.1, EJB3 and Spring components. Framework is expandable so developers can implement additional locators as they need.
- No programming and modification required to expose components as services. Simple xml declarations are enough.
- Java & Java Script client implementations are out of the box. Client implementations are easily adaptable to .net and other popular languages
- Services also can be reachable through regular HTTP POST/GET requests. You can access your EJB methods by entering a simple url to your browser
- It can work in any application server which works on JVM 1.5+
- It uses a JSON message format instead of SOAP which is more human & software friendly. Browsers can evaluate service responses at run time as java script objects.
- Additional header fields can be embedded in service requests and responses. Thus developers can post additional fields to services to apply their policies to service calls. Message headers are accessible by interceptors and services.
- Service instances can be created in request, session and application contexts.
- All exposed services can be accessed through a single – multi threaded end point implementation.
- Transformations of all java types including complex beans are supported.
- It comes with build-in security which is integrated with J2EE security. It supports authentication, authorization & transport layer security enforcement. It’s very easy to define different role access to a single service’s operations.
- It supports idempotent session services. Duplicate calls are prevented
- Service calls can be filtered through custom interceptors. Each step of a service call can be controlled through interceptors.
- It has a build in Registry Query service. Service list, operation signatures can be discovered through this service.
- It’s quite flexible and expandable. It’s easy to implement your own end-points, locators or even transformers
Advantage of Simple Remoting
1. Its an alternative SOA implementation.
2. Simple Remoting can convert POJO,Spring,EJB and other type of java objects to web services without any code change on existing classes by using simple xml declarations
For more information refer the following link
For the demo refer the following link