What is the remainder of 3q + 7 divided by 5, if q is a positive integer?
(1) q > 5.
(2) q-1 is equally divisible by 5.
A group of tourists in San Diego had a chance to go to the zoo and to the theater. Of all the tourists in the group only 90% went to the zoo. How many tourists went neither to the zoo nor to the theatre?
(1) There were 50 tourists in the group.
(2) Only 60% of the tourists went to the theatre.
If x, y, z, and q are positive integers, is the ratio of x to y equal to the ratio of z to q?
(1) The ratio of x-z to y-q is the same as the ratio of z to q.
(2) The ratio of x to q is the same as the ratio of y to z.
What is the value of positive integer p ?
(1) p is equally divisible by 3.
(2) p/3 is a prime number.
Three students took the same test at the same day. Is Jason’s score equal to the median score of the three students?
(1) Jason and Linda had the same score.
(2) Peter’s score is less than the sum of Jason’s and Linda’s scores.
The total population of three villages in Cambria is 1,000 people. What is the population of the smallest of the three villages?
(1) Combined population of the two larger villages is 800 people.
(2) The population of one of the villages is thrice as large as the population of one of the other two villages.
What is the value of q, if 2 < q < 140, and q is the cube of an integer?
(1) q = a2, where a is an integer.
(2) q is an odd integer.
A music store has a Christmas sale, and offers a 44 percent discount off the selling price of the most expensive CD that a customer buys, and a 24 percent discount off the selling price of any other CDs a customer buys. If Jane bought 3 CDs, was the total amount of the three discounts less than 34 percent of the sum of the selling prices of the three CDs?
(1) The regular price of the cheapest CD Jane bought was $16.
(2) The regular price of the two more expensive CDs Jane bought was $110 and $40.
What is the value of (x-y)2/(x+y)2, if x is less than y?
(1) The product of x and y is 2.
(2) x2 - 2xy = -y2.
What was the percent increase in the price of a certain book?
(1) The price of the book increased by $10
(2) After the increase the price of the book was $50